Municipal Securities Rulemaking Board’s Statement on Digital Millennium Copyright Act Policy
The MSRB has adopted a policy regarding copyright in accordance with the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998 (“DMCA”), which establishes a process for addressing claims of alleged copyright infringement. If you own a copyright, or are authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right under copyright, please notify the MSRB of alleged copyright infringement taking place on or through the MSRB website at www.msrb.org (which includes its subdomain emma.msrb.org) (the “Website”) by sending a written notification to the MSRB’s designated agent for this purpose, to the address below, including all of the following:
- Identification of the copyrighted work that you claim has been infringed, or if multiple copyrighted works are covered by the notification, provide a representative list of the copyrighted works on the Website that you claim have been infringed;
- Identification of the material that is claimed to be infringing or to be the subject of infringing activity and that is to be removed or access to which is to be disabled, and information as to where the material is located on the Website that is reasonably sufficient for the MSRB to locate the material.
- Information so that the MSRB may contact you, such as your mailing address, telephone number, and, if available, email address.
- Statements as follows:
- “I hereby state that I have a good faith belief that use of the copyrighted material is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law.”
- “I hereby state that the information in this notification is accurate and, under penalty of perjury, that I am the owner, or am authorized to act on behalf of the owner, of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed.”
- Your full legal name and your physical or electronic signature.
Deliver your notification to the MSRB’s designated agent for DMCA as follows:
Jacob Lesser, General Counsel (Designated Agent for DMCA)
Municipal Securities Rulemaking Board
1300 I Street NW, Suite 1000
Washington, DC 20005
Email address: MSRBGenCounsel@msrb.org
You acknowledge and understand that under 17 U.S.C § 512(f) you may be liable for any damages, including costs and attorneys’ fees, if you knowingly and materially misrepresent that reported material or activity is infringing.
Upon receipt of a written notification, the MSRB will take whatever action it determines, in its sole discretion, is appropriate under the DMCA, which may include removal of the challenged content, or disabling or terminating the accounts of users, or the access to the Website by users, who are repeat infringers. Note that the MSRB may share the identity and information in and relating to any notification of alleged copyright infringement that it receives with the alleged infringer. By submitting a notification, the submitter understands, accepts and agree that the submitter’s identity and such information may be disclosed to the alleged infringer.