MSRB Governance Review
In September 2019, the MSRB established a special Board-level Governance Review Special Committee to conduct a thorough examination of our corporate governance practices, including Board size and composition among other topics. The year-long effort culminated in a series of enhancements that tighten the standards for selecting public Board members and reduce the size of the Board. The changes take effect with the fiscal year beginning October 1, 2020.
- MSRB Holds First Quarterly Board Meeting of FY 2021 (October 23, 2020)
- MSRB Makes Administrative Changes to Board Governance Rules (September 10, 2020)
- MSRB Podcast: Enhancing Board Governance (August 25, 2020)
- MSRB to Implement Strengthened Board Governance and Announces FY 2021 Board Leadership (August 6, 2020)
- MSRB Responds to SEC Comment Letters (July 29, 2020)
- MSRB Moves to Enhance its Board Governance (June 5, 2020)
- MSRB Seeks Comment on Potential Changes to its Board Governance Rule (January 28, 2020)
- MSRB Advances Governance Review at Quarterly Board Meeting (January 24, 2020)
- MSRB to Begin FY 2020 With Focus on Governance (September 23, 2019)
Request for Comment
The MSRB is seeking comment on the recommendations by its Governance Review Special Committee of MSRB governance practices, including the size of the Board and selection of public and regulated members, which are established under MSRB Rule A‑3. Although comments were originally due by March 30, 2020, this deadline has has been extended to April 29, 2020 in light of the COVID-19 pandemic (see MSRB Notice 2020-08)
Read the request for comment.