What Is MSRB Gateway?
MSRB Gateway is the single, secure access point for all market systems operated by the MSRB, including submission services, applications and the associated forms. Gateway users can also perform the following functions:
- Set up secure, password-protected accounts
- Manage organization and user account details
- Access certain forms used for MSRB submission services
- Manage agent designations
- Navigate to all MSRB systems for which you have rights, such as EMMA® Dataport and MyEMMA*.
*The MSRB is migrating MyEMMA log in access to MSRB Gateway. Read more about the merge process.
Who Uses MSRB Gateway?
Many types of users access MSRB services through Gateway:
- Brokers, dealers, municipal securities dealers (collectively, municipal securities dealers) and agents associated with an MSRB registered dealer firm
- Municipal advisor organizations, including sole proprietors, that engage in municipal advisor activities
- Issuers, obligated persons and agents submitting on EMMA
- Regulators accessing reports and data for regulatory purposes
- Subscribers accessing data subscription services and products
What Are the Types of MSRB Gateway Accounts?
Different types of accounts have been implemented within MSRB Gateway to facilitate the specific activities of MSRB users:
- MSRB registrants – Dealers and municipal advisors establish Gateway accounts when they register with the MSRB pursuant to MSRB Rule A-12. MSRB registrant accounts permit access to required forms as well as to secure web sites used to comply with other rules requiring specific disclosures, such as MSRB Rules G-14, G-32, G-34 and G-37. Because a single account is created for the organization, account administrators within the dealer or municipal advisor organization have the ability to create and manage individual user accounts, allowing quick and easy management of staffing changes. MSRB registrants may also designate document submission rights to users outside their organization (i.e., agents), or offer to act as agent for other organizations. Individual users can make updates to their individual Gateway account profile.
- Organization Accounts for Issuers and Obligated Persons – Organization accounts allow issuers and obligated persons to submit continuing disclosure filings and voluntary primary market submissions through EMMA® Dataport. Because a single account is created for the organization, account administrators within the issuer or obligated person’s organization have the ability to create and manage individual user accounts. Issuers and obligated persons may also designate submission rights to users outside their organization (i.e. agents). Individual users can make updates to their individual Gateway account profile.
- Individual Continuing Disclosure Accounts for Issuers, Obligated Persons and Secondary Market Agents – Individual accounts are used solely to make continuing disclosure submissions to EMMA. Users manage their individual MSRB Gateway account details. Users may convert their continuing disclosure account to an organization account and consolidate other individual continuing disclosure accounts for their organization into a single organization account.
- Agent Accounts – Certain organizations offer to act as agents for dealers, municipal advisors, issuers and obligated persons to make data and disclosure submissions on their behalf. Gateway allows agent organizations to create accounts for accessing data and disclosure submission systems. Because a single account is created for the organization, account administrators within the agent organization have the ability to create and manage individual user accounts, allowing quick and easy management of staffing changes.
- Subscriber Accounts – Subscribers to MSRB data subscription services are granted MSRB Gateway accounts by MSRB staff. Subscriber accounts allow subscribers to manage passwords.
- Enforcement Authorities – The MSRB creates accounts for enforcement authorities charged with enforcing MSRB rules. Because a single account is created for the organization, account administrators within the enforcement authority have the ability to create and manage individual user accounts, allowing enforcement authorities to quickly and easily manage staff changes.
How Do Organizations New to the MSRB Establish Accounts?
Click here to create a new organization account with the MSRB.
How Do New Users Obtain Gateway Access?
Staff of organizations that have already established accounts should determine who the account administrators are for their organization and ask that person to create an account for them.
How Do Users With Existing Gateway Accounts Access Gateway?
Users can access MSRB Gateway by clicking the “Login" link located in the upper right corner of any page on the MSRB website.
What Reference Documents Are Available?
The MSRB publishes several MSRB Gateway account management manuals for dealers, municipal advisors, issuers, obligated persons, and agents. Instructional manuals are also available on how to make submissions on EMMA.
- The Gateway User Manual for Issuers, Obligated Persons and Agents describes how issuers, obligated persons and agents create and maintain their MSRB Gateway account.
- The MSRB Registration Manual describes how dealers and municipal advisors register and gain access to their MSRB Gateway account.
- The Gateway User Manual for Dealers and Municipal Advisors describes how dealers and municipal advisors maintain their user accounts and perform other functions within their MSRB Gateway account.
- The EMMA Dataport Manual for Continuing Disclosure Submissions describes how municipal securities issuers, obligated persons and secondary market agents make continuing disclosure submissions to EMMA.
- The EMMA Dataport Manual for Voluntary Submissions by Issuers and Obligated Persons provides instructions for submitting voluntary primary market submissions and other financial information to EMMA.
- The EMMA Dataport Manual for Primary Market Submissions provides instructions for completing and filing G-32, Official Statements and Advance Refunding Documents.
- A guide to using MSRB Gateway authentication for subscribers provides helpful information for proactively managing password expirations and changes.
For assistance, contact MSRB Support at 202-838-1330 or MSRBsupport@msrb.org.
Live Support: 7:30 a.m. – 6:30 p.m. ET
Email Support: 7:00 a.m. – 7:00 p.m. ET