MSRB Rule G-42: Duties of Non-Solicitor Municipal Advisors
Read the learning objectives and topics covered in this MuniEdPro® course. Log into MuniEdPro®.
- Non-solicitor municipal advisors
At the end of this course, learners will be able to:
- Recognize certain specific requirements to fulfill a municipal advisor’s duty of care and the duty of loyalty under MSRB Rule G-42;
- Distinguish between the requirements for documentation of the client relationship and disclosure of conflicts of interest under the rule; and
- Identify prohibited municipal advisor activities under the rule.
a. Preliminary knowledge check – What do you already know?
2. Duty of Care
a. Know your client
b. Suitability determination
3. Limited-scope Engagements
4. Inadvertent Advice
5. Fiduciary Duty and Duty of Loyalty
6. Disclosure Obligations
a. Conflicts of interest
b. Legal or disciplinary events
7. Documentation of municipal Advisory Relationship
a. MSRB Rule G-42 requirements
b. MSRB Rule G-8 requirements
8. Specified Prohibitions